October 26, 2005

100 Things

It's about time to give you the ubiquitous 100 Things. You may have read my previous 100 things and some items may be repeated here. But it is mostly all new and if you read it, you may learn something new about me. And then your life will be complete! (teehee!)

1. I am a girl.

2. My natural hair color is reddish brown. With more and more grey each day.

3. I have brown eyes.

4. I am ambidextrous.

5. And so am I.

6. I used to be a heroin addict. Now, I am a methodone addict.

7. Just kidding.

8. I like to quote Annie Hall.

9. I often wish I had been born in another state.

10. I was born in Texas.

11. I have some famous relatives from history but no one you'd probably be interested in.

12. In the first grade, my school wanted to skip me ahead a grade or two.

13. My parents thought it was a bad idea.

14. If I had skipped a grade, my life would have turned out completely differently.

15. I am mostly glad that they made that decision.

16. Even though I got knocked up at the end of 10th grade.

17. I was in the Gifted and Talented Program and took all accelerated classes since the 1st grade.

18. I was accelerated alright. I did everything early!

19. I was married in eleventh grade.

20. I moved to another state with my husband and our baby when I was seventeen.

21. My friends hadn't even gone to prom yet.

22. I've always been rather independent/tomboyish/feminist/strong.

23. Sometimes it is a curse.

24. I've learned to embrace my girly-ness and I love being a girl most of the time.

25. My husband likes me that way!

26. I have two kids - one in high school and one in the Army.

27. I have been married twice. Divorced once.

28. My husband is my best friend.

29. He has a son from another marriage also.

30. He has the best ex-wife. Ever.

31. I knew my husband before he was her husband.

32. If you understand that last sentence, you are so clever!

33. My favorite food is homemade macaroni & cheese.

34. I also like pudding. All kinds.

35. And pie. Especially cream pies.

36. Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert of all time, though.

37. I am mildly lactose intolerant.

38. Apparently, I am allergic to avocados, mangoes and newsprint.

39. I have broken almost every finger, a couple of toes, my nose, and my tailbone.

40. I would like to learn to play golf.

41. I think I'd like to go skydiving once.

42. I plan to travel a lot one day.

43. I also plan to graduate with my bachelors degree in linguistics.

44. I haven't completely decided on what I'll do in graduate school yet.

45. But I do plan to go to graduate school.

46. Then people will really like me!!

47. Not.

48. I am way more shy than you think.

49. I do not do well in large social groups.

50. People never seem to hear me talk.

51. My voice doesn't carry well.

52. I am afraid of being heard anyway, so it works out okay.

53. Most of the time, I hate small talk and avoid it like the plague.

54. But if you get me one on one, watch out, I will talk your ear off all night long.

55. I can talk about nearly any subject on Earth.

56. I like to learn something new every day.

57. I like to do something new every day.

58. My brain is bi-dominate. I am equally right- and left- brained.

59. Which causes a lot of problems.

60. I figure if you are right-brained AND left-brained, one cancels the other, right?

61. So, what I am left with is being No Brained!

62. I wish I was a little slower sometimes.

63. "Klutzy" is my middle name.

64. I wish it was "Wealthy"!

65. Actually, I just want enough money to live comfortably and not worry about how to pay a bill.

66. I am the oldest of 3 daughters.

67. We were all molested by our grandfather.

68. I've never talked about it to anyone outside my family.

69. I had an older brother who died before I was born.

70. I am the only woman in my family to drive a car or have a driver's license.

71. I would like to get a pilot's license one day.

72. I would also like to buy a sailboat and sail around the world.

73. Luckily, my husband would like to do that one, too.

74. Some people think I live a charmed life. It doesn't seem that way to me.

75. I have survived a lot of hardships, including poverty, abuse, and depression. I know a lot of people had it worse than me. I am one of the lucky ones.

76. I hope I live a long and happy life.

77. So far, so good.

78. More importantly, I hope my children live a long and happy life.

79. So far, so good.

80. In my spare time, I like to knit and watch t.v.

81. I think doing nothing can be an art form.

82. One day, soon, I would like to be a published author.

83. I am just afraid I'll get a bad review in the NY Times.

84. I don't have any phobias to speak of.

85. But I am slightly OCD about being organized.

86. Once, I organized our junk drawer at home and made an inventory list.

87. I made my family check items out of the junk drawer!

88. That lasted about 2 days and then they revolted!

89. I am actually a pretty laid back person.

90. It takes a lot to really rattle me.

91. I probably wouldn't have survived as a cave-person.

92. I am curious about everything and like to touch everything I see.

93. Sometimes, I break things when I touch them.

94. I haven't learned yet.

95. I have a list of pet peeves longer than my arm.

96. Most people around me exhibit at least one peeve of mine every day.

97. I am revising # 89.

98. I am very easily annoyed, but I am good at not showing it.

99. If you have any questions, leave a comment.

100. Para espanol, oprima aqui. Permanecer sentados por favor!




 
 

10 Comments:

At 14:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You are definitely on my list of people I'd like to meet in person before I die. Thanks for sharing your 100 things!
LJ

 
At 19:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've said before that I think we are a lot alike, but I had no idea that I would match like half of the things on your list. (I should go count them to see exactly how many, but let me tell you, it's UP there!) Eek, I hope one of your pet peeves isn't people who see too much of themselves in your posts. ;)

 
At 08:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading these things and getting to know you better! (And I am SO with you on the small talk thing. Gag! Hate.It.)

 
At 11:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I still learn something everyday. Of course, I haven't known you for THAT long yet, but that's beside the point. OK, I'm shutting up now.

 
At 18:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the list.

I also like that you think your husband's ex is great. That's cool.

 
At 20:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally identify with the klutziness. I come from a long line of klutzes. I'm currently sporting about 5 bruises. I don't know where I got any of them.

 
At 21:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay so number 6? Made me stop dead in my tracks. Great list.

 
At 07:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so edumacated. Love the 100 things!

 
At 16:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

32. If you understand that last sentence, you are so clever! ~ it took a triple-take, but I got it. At 1am too. Nice list, Q :P

 
At 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent list. This: "86. Once, I organized our junk drawer at home and made an inventory list."--oh, I so get this. Good work. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home