September 27, 2005

Now entering the ponytail and hat wearing phase

This is the 467th time that I have tried to grow my hair and it always comes to this. Today, I am wearing the ponytail and barrette (even though some hair doesn't quite reach and so it gets tucked behind my ear). Yeah. That's attractive!

As soon as my tresses reach my shoulders, I begin to fret, followed by pissing and moaning because I have super thick hair that has no body whatsoever. Then I pull it back. That's how it goes though, right? I have to endure a few months of ponytails and hats and then I'll have the flowing goddess hair that I've secretly always wanted.
The funny part is, everytime I see a quirky cute girl with super short hair I think 'wow, I want to look like that!' so I cut it and then I see a beautiful, stylish or witchy woman with long, flowing hair and think 'wow, I want to look like that!'. Even the illustrated Ms. Q has a bitchin' ponytail that I'll probably never quite achieve. (I know, my problems are really serious!)
I have an acute case of the-grass-is-always-greener syndrome. Or the-hair-is-always-more-beautiful syndrome.

The stupid and twisted part is that I think I look best with hair between chin and shoulder length, but me being the extreme over-reactor that I am, constantly vascillate between too long and too short! Gah. So, I know what looks good but can't bring myself to just get there and stay there. Can we say wishy-washy? I know I can't be the only one who goes through this. Do we have a support group? Where do I join?!

On another, related note, why is it so bleepin' hard to be a girl sometimes?! Don't even get me started on equal rights, equal pay for equal work, or reproductive issues! I can't even deal with the hair!

 
 

8 Comments:

At 11:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just dyed mine AGAIN, and I'm growing it back out. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! I've even instructed those aorund me to stop me any way they can if I talk about changing it again!

 
At 12:10, Blogger Anita said...

I've tried that, too! Everyone stays out of it now. Especially Mr. Q who sprints out of the room everytime I mention my hair.

 
At 15:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so actually, the-hair-is-always-greener. That's all right, though. I usually go about four months before getting a haircut because I'm too freakin' lazy to go. So I end up going from a pseudo-mullet to a pseudo-crew cut, all in the name of apathy.

 
At 15:27, Blogger Anita said...

Apathy Mullet!! That will be the name of my new band!

Actually that reminds me that I had a great idea for a band: it will be an all girl REM cover band called F.E.M. Clever, huh?

 
At 15:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever beyond clever. But I'm stealing "Apathy Mullet" from you.

 
At 19:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That post could have been mine. Now that mine is finally growing back from shaving it off I have a spike and love it! It is so much funand SO easy to do in mornings. I recommend it.
If you don't want to go for a spike how about getting it thinned out and having the ends do a little flippy thing. I have thick hair too and this cut usually looks good.

 
At 05:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the same hair funk. I always end up styling my hair the same way I've worn it since high school. Ugh. I want to grow it below my shoulders just one last time before I look like a pathetic old woman trying to be young again (a la Stevie Nicks). It may be too late...
**sigh**
LJ

 
At 17:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you have hair you can wear long or short... As you've seen, mine resembles a birdnest and can only be worn one length -- just below shoulders. Been the same since 5th grade, never changes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home