October 31, 2005

5 more things

Here is a little meme-y thing that I saw at Ty's today which I self-tagged myself for. It's five things you don't already know about me. Since I just did a 100 Things last week, this may be a little premature, but then again, it should be fresh in your mind so here goes...

1. My nose crinkles when I laugh or smile.

2. My favorite soft drink is Dr. Pepper. I drink one almost every day.

3. I don't like potatoes. I also hate brussel's sprouts, lima beans and beets. Bleh. Nasty. I don't think I am an overly picky eater, but there are a few things I won't eat. I don't like french fries, but I'll eat seasoned curly fries if I can have mayonnaise with them. Ketchup (or catsup or whatever) is also on the "food/condiments that I won't eat list". I am not a big fan of beans at all except green beans, but only if they are french cut. I order a lot of food with stuff on the side. Kind of like Sally Albright in "When Harry Met Sally...":


Sally: I'd like the chef salad, please, with the oil and vinegar on the side, and the apple pie a la mode.

Waitress (writes down): Chef and apple a la mode.

Sally: But I'd like the pie heated, and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side. And I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it. If not, then no ice cream - just whipped cream, but only if it's real. If it's out of the can, then nothing.

Waitress: ... Not even the pie?

Sally: No, just the pie, but then not heated.

Waitress: Uh huh.

I am very popular with food servers! Occassionally, they give me the exact opposite of what I ask for. Like yesterday. I ordered a quesadilla with sour cream, no guacamole. I got a quesadilla with guacamole, no sour cream. Since I am deathly allergic to avocados, Mr. Q got a bonus serving of gauc.

4. I will try just about anything once. Food-wise. Within reason.

5. Unlike, Ty, I do like my own handwriting. I am a little obsessive about writing in the most excellent manner possible and it sometimes requires me to write the same sticky note 3 or 4 times to get it just right. One day, maybe I'll post something in my own handwriting. On second thought, how obnoxious would that be? It is a skill I have that I would gladly trade for having a more lucrative career, like cardiologist or something. I knew I would never be a doctor when I discovered that my handwriting is waaay too neat to even get into medical school. Ha. I keed. I don't appreciate sterotypes about secretaries, I'm sorry "administrative professionals", so I will avoid using them about other professions. I am nothing if not fair!


Voila! Anyone want to play? I hate to tag people, so if you are in a self-tagging mood-- um that sounds weirder than I think it should-- me by guest!! (<=== tee hee, I said "me by guest" and I meant "be my guest". I think this is where I should correct it instead of pointing it out, huh?)

 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home