October 6, 2005

I *heart* you guys!

You have really made my day(s) with all the comment love. I am not worthy, but I'll take it when I can get it! It is sometimes hard to spill my guts here, knowing that people can be judgemental and they have the power to delete me from their blogrolls. (ooooh noooo!) Here's to your efforts and success in stifling my inner cynic. You've once again restored my faith in humanity.

Now, let the bitching commence!

Today is kicking my butt. I woke up, knowing that we were out of coffee at home and I thought I could just deal with it. You have not seen me in the morning without my coffee - just imagine a really tall, cranky, whiny, miserable baby and you've got a good idea. I poured myself a medium-sized glass of Dr. Pepper and started sipping. Boy, was that a bad idea. I can drink coffee 'til the cows come home and my stomach is fine. One measley little glass of cold, carbonated beverage and I have a rotten feeling in my tummy. waaaahhh.

Then, there was a little issue with my rent check which we will not discuss here. I discovered this after I got to work and had a Cup! of! Coffee!! Thank god, or we would have seen a major meltdown at work and as Martha Stewart says, "women do not cry in the business world".

On top of that, I am in jury duty limbo. I don't know yet if I have jury duty today and I won't know until about noon. The potential problem with that is I may have to hop in my car at noon and report to court by 1:15 p.m. This is a problem because I have class at 4:00 p.m. which I can't miss because I have a mid-term for which I feel poorly prepared. If I show up at 1:15, I seriously doubt I will be able to leave by 3:00 p.m. so that I can drive to school. So, even though I wanted to serve on a jury, today is a really, really bad day for it. Hopefully, the jury duty gods will take pity on me and let me off the hook this time. This concludes my foray into civic duty. Jury Duty Limbo is officially over. I don't need to report. So, now I am just nervous about the mid-term.

That mid-term? It is in Descriptive Linguistics and the material is both copious and challenging. I studied for *gasp* two or three hours last night between doing laundry, making and eating dinner, and watching Lost. Damn, that show is good. I missed the whole first season but I hope to get caught up in my spare time by watching it on DVD. Spare time!! Hahaha! That's a good one! I digress. I am not prone to test anxiety but I have it now.

Needless to say, I am having a day. Mr. Q was spectacular on the phone a bit ago when I told him that I was having a hard day. He calmed me down and told me everything would be okay! What I would do without his reassurances, I don't know, but it wouldn't be pretty.

Thanks for listening. Things are bound to get better. Tomorrow is Friday, my exam will be over, jury duty limbo will be over. And then, it's only one day 'til I see this guy! ==>

 
 

2 Comments:

At 14:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, there's your big boy (looking mighty spiffy in his uniform, I might add)! I know you just can't wait to see him. I'm excited for you!

I watched Lost all last season too, but me and the rest of my watercooler-crew have decided that we need to re-watch the first season again...there's just so many little details to piece together. Definitely worth it if you can find the time.

 
At 16:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand about the judging.... sometimes I find myself holding back - but you know... that's not why I blog - I have to get it out.

Keep writing Q!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home