October 19, 2005

Memes Memes, Good for the Heart

Totally swiped from Mikey, who I have completely neglected lately. Is it just me or has blogging been harder lately? I mean staying current, thinking of things to write, etc. It’s starting to feel a little tedious. I am reentering lurking mode right now.

I have some serious malaise, so I think a(nother) meme is in order. On top of my kids being gone, school being like all hard and stuff, recovering from a stomach virus I had last week (don’t ask!), the seasons changing and the full moon, I am feeling a bit, how shall I say, blah!



1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.

Georgia O’Keeffe, famous artist and all around beautiful person.


2. Where was your first kiss?

On the cheek. By my mom, when I was a baby, I imagine. Do you mean, real kiss from a boy? Then that would be Stardust Skating Rink, 6th grade


3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?

Um, no. I never even TP’d (toilet papered) anyone’s house. I have hurt people’s feelings however which is sometimes just as bad as vandalizing their property. Once, I accidentally keyed a car. I swear it was an accident and I feel awful about it. They were parked really, really close to me, and you know how clumsy I am. My key just sort of swiped the door of their car as I was getting into mine. I am so sorry!


4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?

Yes. Hit, kicked, punched, scratched. I’m not proud, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself.


5. Have you ever sang in front of a large number of people?

Unfortunately, yes. I think they have all recovered now!


6. What's the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?p>

Whatever happens to be their most striking feature. Smile, eyes, hair, butt. Well-dressed or not. Hands. I like nice hands.


7. What really turns you on?

Intelligence, humor, compassion. Also, a really good hug. A nice ass doesn’t hurt either!


8. What do you order at Starbucks?

Since I went to Pumpkin Spice Latte rehab, I am now ordering a grande Coffee or at most a grande non-fat latte.


9. What is your biggest mistake?

This is a hard question. I think my biggest mistake was not caring about my credit when I was younger and spending too much money. It’s a real drag to be where I am now and still not have a fat savings account and sterling credit. I’m working on it. Sometimes, I still don’t care that much, but you know, sometimes I do. No one is going to go to my funeral and say “wow, she had such great credit!” And if I move to another country (which could still happen, you know when I get a Fulbright!) they aren’t going to care if my credit was rock solid or a little iffy. Really. They don’t care.


10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?

Don’t we all, in some way or another?


11. Say something totally random about yourself.

Something totally random about yourself. ahaha. I crack myself up. Random fact: I like cheese pizza. A lot.


12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?

Audrey Hepburn (in my dreams!), Winona Ryder and Parker Posey are just some of the beautiful women I’ve been told that I resemble. I think people are smoking dope, is what I think, but I am happy to remind people of Audrey. My hubs thinks I look like her, too, so I need to make sure he doesn’t schedule an eye doctor appointment anytime soon or the compliments may come to a screeching halt!!


13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?

Yes. Sing it with me: ooooooooooooooh. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? (SpongeBobSquarePants!).


14. Did you have braces?

For almost 4 years. I actually had braces when I gave birth to my son. I must have looked ridiculous! People think I look young NOW. I can’t imagine what they were thinking about me 20 years ago.


15. Are you comfortable with your height?

5’6” is good. Not too tall, not too short. If I were 3 inches taller, perhaps I would have been a supermodel (haha!), but I am really happy to be a full 7” taller than my mom.


16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?

Letting me be me. There really are too many things to list here.


17. When do you know it's love?

When he leaves money for me in the morning. Just kidding. Like Mikey said you just know. I suppose it varies from one person to the next.

18. Do you speak any other languages?

Oui! Je parle francais!


19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?

No. What am I missing? I am still waiting for pale, freckled skin to make a fashion comeback. It'll happen one day! Just wait! Then I will be the envy of everyone!


20. What magazines do you read?

Bust


21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?

Yes.


22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?

Yes. In August, my grandfather, I didn’t actually know that well, passed away. I wrote about it in August on my other blog.


23. Do you watch mtv?

Sometimes. A better question is "do you remember when MTV showed music videos?" Yes, I do. Those were the good ol' days!


24. What's something that really annoys you?

Just about everything! I am quite easily annoyed. Really, you should be glad you only know me here, because in real life I am just a malcontented, irritable, basket-case, mess! One thing I would outlaw today if I had the power: French-tip, long-ass, fake, acrylic fingernails would not be allowed anywhere near a keyboard. Damn, that’s annoying!


25. What's something you really like?

Could this question be any more vague? I like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain.


26. Do you like Michael Jackson?

Not particularly. Thriller was a great album. I have a Jackson 5 cd in my car right now. I’m guessing this is where the meme takes a sudden demographic shift downward.


27. Can you dance?

Is the pope catholic?


28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?

All night. duh.


29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?

Yes. A few times. It is scary and not fun at all. But I think some paramedics are hot!


30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?

Yes. And then I usually copy them and fill them out myself. Because I am a copy-cat like that!

 
 

8 Comments:

At 13:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. i just remembered something i was gonna say when i was doing this meme...

one reason i don't usually like doing memes... some of the questions are always stupid (no sugar coating here). the latest you've stayed up? how do you know when it's love? what are we, 16 again?

and yanno... now that i think of it... i wish you'd explain in more detail this obsession with argyle you've got...

also... are you not into yoga? and do you have half a brain?

 
At 14:12, Blogger Anita said...

Dumb questions, indeed! The funniest part is the really dumb questions usually don't show up until close to the end and you're kind of already invested! I need to start a 30-something meme!

 
At 14:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stole it from you! Course I haven't posted it yet.

 
At 14:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You? Are just too funny for words. I might have to pilf this one from you.

 
At 04:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok....I'll be posting this soon too. I hope you have a great day and you make me laugh this morning.

 
At 06:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ms. q wrote: "Is it just me or has blogging been harder lately?"

Ideas are not my problem, writing them down concisely and reasonably coherently is though.

I find composing a blog entry to be time consuming. Maybe it would be easier if I could just rattle something wihtout thinking about it ...

So, it is not just you. Likely, as earlier posts indicate, you are short of time.

 
At 13:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet again I steal from you...

 
At 19:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blogging really is hard work at times, isn't it? I am finding the same thing, the ideas are there, but articulating them can be agonizing. You are at least fortunate to be a cunning linguist! (100% on the Verbal/Linguistics? WOWZA!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home