October 28, 2005

Time is fun when you're having flies

**Randomosity Alert** Once again, it's Friday. I just have one question. Where did this week go? It's been a blur. And a big news week to boot, I'd say.

I got a message, via my ex, that our son called. He's in Germany, he says he loves it and he is reportedly getting blotto on some hideous sounding drink called the Three Wise Men. It's something like one part Jack Daniel's, one part Jim Beam, and one part some other hard liquor named after a guy. *beaming with pride, sort of*. Anyway, he's safe and sound, and we think he is not getting deployed anywhere dangerous. *knock on wood*

What else? Life is crazy busy. I've had 5 birthdays in the family plus my boss this week alone. As a result, I'm flat broke. C'est la vie. You know how some people have a Christmas Club savings account? I need an October Birthday Savings Account. Sheesh. It's almost enough to make me want to convert to Jehovah's Witness. You know. Because they don't celebrate birthdays. Nah, that'd never work. I like to celebrate my birthday (in 17 days!) too much.

In other countdown news, only 3 more days before NaNoWriMo begins. Who else is participating? Who wants to be a character in my novel? I will write about you in the most flattering way possible if you volunteer. If you don't volunteer, don't be surprised if you show up as my nemesis! Now aren't you in a predicament!!

Speaking of evil characters and the bad things they do, you must know by now, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was indicted today on 5 counts, including perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements. I love what Mac said:

Well....I, for one, feel confident that George W. Bush has brought respect, honor, and dignity back to the White House. Congratulations!



I couldn't have said it better myself! (I know, I know, innocent until proven guilty and all that crap. What a mess, though. And, of course, it's not like he lied about getting a blow job or anything, so really we should just all cut him some slack. NOT!!)

I told you it was random. Hope your weekend rocks! Don't forget to move your clocks back one hour on Sunday morning. Daylight Saving Time begins - or does it end? I always forget. Anyway, fall back. And enjoy that extra hour of dreamtime!

 
 

6 Comments:

At 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That drink your son had burns just thinking about it.

 
At 13:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to put me in your novel as the beautiful, stunning vixen that lures all the men. :-)

 
At 20:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germany! Sounds interesting. Will keep praying he gets sent to safe places.

What the neck is NaNowhatawhoobe and do I want to be a volunteer as a character???

 
At 20:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I read about this contest and sure you can write about me but you will be lucky to get 500 words!

 
At 06:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing NaNoWriMo too! Thanks for reminding me about it last week! When I am a famous novelist, I will have you to thank! (Or else I will be cursing you come November 30th!)

Btw, my screenname on the NaNo site is TongueTyed...we should bug each other...

 
At 11:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your son to get his hands on some absinthe - it smells (and apparently tastes) like black licorce. Nasty!

I know exactly what you mean about too many birthdays all at the same time - I have 3 in October and 2 in December before I even begin my Christmas shoppint. And 3 of those 5 birthdays are for kids that are going to get spoiled (by ME no less) come Christmastime anyway! Just thinking about it is making me broke :(

Anyway, Happy early birthday :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home