November 4, 2005

Eeek! Ouch!

Eeek! I'm officially behind in everything now.

I have been held captive today by dentists and doctors and now I am back at work where I realize I have a deadline today at 5:00 p.m. Guess what time it is now? Only 4:12! I have forty-eight whole minutes to get it done. Why the hell am I blogging? Beats the hell out of me. You guys have already started your weekend by this time anyway, so no one is even going to read this until Monday, so I shouldn't really bother. But I will nonetheless. I'm just that giving!

Today has been eventful to say the least: I have been poked, prodded, powdered, and poked some more. All the poking was done with needles, too. Which has to be the worst thing ever! I did, however, at the hands of the utterly incompetent mind you, get a new crown in one visit.

Observation: Modern technology keeps getting smarter, but, I've noticed, the collective intelligence of the professional world seems to be inversely proportional to the advances in said technology.

The "skilled" (haha) professional dental assistants (plural) took a digital image of my old crown and then the base of the tooth (there was some strange white powder involved, which, sadly, was not cocaine but it went in my nose so it looked like I just spent 3 hours at Studio 54 when in fact I was stuck in an office listening to a small non-English speaking girl cry while Mariah Carey screeched overhead on the PA and the sound of 3 dental drills whined like nails on a chalkboard all around me)and then they made a ceramic crown right in the office. Pretty cool.

As if 3 hours in the dentist's office wasn't bad enough, I then went to the doctor and got shots which I had to have in order to register for the spring semester. One hour, and two shots later, and I am feeling like a pin cushion but at least I have a purty new crown (the old one chipped in less than 2 months) and I won't be getting the measles anytime soon. What a day.

Have a good 'un. I'll talk at you later. I have 2 days worth of novel writing to catch up on. I think I lost some momentum, but I'll get it back this weekend.

toodles!

 
 

1 Comments:

At 22:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that is about the crappiest day I could think of! The only thing that would have made it worse was a pap smear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home