November 30, 2005

Like sands through the hourglass...so are the Memes of our Lives

A meme so good, so delicious and so delightful, I can't believe I haven't done it already.


TEN random things you might not know about me.

1. I'm a prolific sleeper.
2. I was driving at age 14, two full years before I got my driver's license.
3. I like bats and bugs and spiders.
4. I'm pretty freaked out by snakes though.
5. In high school, I was friends with a guy whose dad "discovered" Reba McEntire.
6. I hear a Frank Sinatra song every weekday at 5 p.m. on the dot.
7. I've never watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High all the way through.
8. My first husband looked a lot like Spicoli, though.
9. I was a vegetarian for about 10 years.
10. I had a cheeseburger last night after school.


NINE places I’ve visited

1. Longhorn Caverns, TX
2. Caverns of Sonora, TX
3. Inner Space Cavern, TX
4. Carlsbad Caverns, NM
5. Cave of the Winds, CO
6. Garden of the Gods, CO
7. Royal Gorge, CO
8. Diamond Head, HI
9. Volcanoes National Park, HI


EIGHT ways to win my heart

1. Be kind to others.
2. Bring me coffee in bed.
3. Draw me a picture.
4. Write me a note just to say "Hi".
5. Grab my hand and take me outside to watch the sunset.
6. Offer to do the dishes.
7. Get me flowers for no reason at all. Especially lilacs.
8. Don't talk to me while Lost is on.


SEVEN things I want to do before I die

1. See my kids have happy lives.
2. Get a Ph.D.
3. Go to Europe.
4. Write a book.
5. Meet really cool people.
6. Have a threesome with Mr. Q and Johnny Depp.
7. Quit smoking.


SIX things I’m afraid of

1. Being poor.
2. Being indifferent.
3. Mold.
4. Ich.
5. Sour, curdled milk.
6. Dying without getting to say I love you to the people I love.


FIVE things I don’t like

1. Indifference.
2. Condescension.
3. Apathy.
4. The Status Quo.
5. Cubicle Farms.


FOUR ways to turn me off

1. Patronize me.
2. Don't listen to me.
3. Generally act like an asshat.
4. Lie to me or in front of me.

THREE Things I do every day

1. Wake up.
2. Kiss Mr. Q.
3. Drink a cup of coffee.

TWO things that make me happy

1. Kissing Mr. Q.
2. Drinking coffee.

ONE thing on my mind right now

1. Catching the last train home, since my car is in the shop.





 
 

10 Comments:

At 20:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog :)

 
At 21:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must explain the Frank Sinatra thing!

I used to be afraid of bug, spiders and snakes. I'm not anymore because I just made up my mind to not be afraid of anything that I know can't hurt me. OF course I would stay away from poisonous snakes but I now kind of like snakes. They still give me the heebie jeebies but I am no longer fearful.

 
At 06:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, that is a juicy little meme! I'll have to try that one soon.

 
At 06:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like bats too!

Good meme... if I get around to it, I will try to do it today!

 
At 07:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, great meme! I hope to do this one soon as well.

 
At 09:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quitting smoking is something you can do after you die - so that frees up a spot for something else you can do before you dee i ee (this is supposed to be tongue in cheek, but my delivery is often too dry).

I don't think I could do this meme. Too much information to reveal all at once.

 
At 15:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learn more that I like about you everyday! I'll keep schtum then, you're watching Lost - right?

 
At 05:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great meme. I might take this on this weekend.

I heart it when people use the word "asshat." I forget how awesome this word is until I hear others use it.

 
At 06:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So does it count if I grab your hand and take you outside to watch the sunset or is this something that only works for Mr. Q?

 
At 09:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this meme, I'm going to do it! You have such sweet answers . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home