November 28, 2005

My Blog has Issues

Would that be called "bloggage"? Or "blaggage"?

I have a few issues that are bugging me because a) I'm insecure like that, and b) I obviously have no life! At work anyway. The guilt about this is heavy though because I realize that if these are my biggest problems today, I am very, very fortunate, indeed.

Issue number 1: My graphics are not showing in IE. At home, they look great in Firefox but I don't know if it's a timing thing or if it's a consistent issue. Anyway, my blog looks bare without the the title and other graphics.

Attempt at resolving issue #1: I tried to switch my image hosting to photobucket, but I can't seem to access them today.

Maybe I need help. This all started because Ciao! My Bella! closed and then the designer disappeared and won't answer my emails. I had to find a host for my images myself and I chose Image Shack which has never done me wrong. 'Til now. Ciao! My Bella is back in business but I hate to bug them with this. If anyone else has used them and knows what I should do, drop me a line, will ya?

Issue number 2. And by far the most distressing! I somehow went from an Adorable Little Rodent in the TTLB ecosystem to a Lowly Insect? All in a matter of a few days. I thought I didn't care about that kind of thing anymore, but when you see that you've de-evolved by more than one species, it's a little alarming. Whatever. I really don't do anything to promote my blog, and so it makes sense that I'd have no traffic whatsoever. Maybe I should do something. Like quit talking about myself so much. I've lost the blogging touch, I'm afraid.



Attempt at resolving issue #2: Nothing. I shed a tear or two, but what can I do really?

UPDATE: TTLB is making changes to the ranking system, so it's not just me. Boy, that's a relief. I'm still a Lowly Insect, but I realized that the lower I am, the less people expect of me! This is good.

Issue number 3. My blog's English boyfriend Oliver Brave says he's going to quit blogging. I know my blog has totally taken his blog for granted and done nothing to nuture the blog-relationship, but now he's leaving and my blog is sad. But my husband may be happy about this all, however, because he knows that if I was 15 years younger and I lived in Great Britian, I would totally stalk Oliver. He's cool. He's quite like a younger Mr. Q, actually. Thoughtful, smart, introspective, sensitive and he has impeccable taste in music. You should say hi.

Attempt at resolving Issue #3: Meager attempt to persuade Oliver to keep on blogging. As if blogging were the most important thing in life. Puleaze. Even I know better than that. If I ever get a job that I love, I assure you that I won't have the time or the motivation to blog at all.

My other issues are quite good. I've added some new people to my blogroll and I'm on the search for even more. If you have a recommendation, I'd like to hear it.

I propose "Operation Broaden Blog Horizons". Pick at least one blog off my blogroll that you've never read before and go read it. I'll do the same for yours.

 
 

10 Comments:

At 15:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't have any problems seeing your graphics in IE (and never have, now that I think about it). Occasionally I'll see flaky things like that, so I'll go and delete cookies and temporary files and it'll sometimes clear things up.

I too have de-evolved in the food chain from a Slimy Mollosc to a lowly Multicellular Microorganism! Not that I do a lot of linking, but it is somehow alarming when I see it happening. heheh :)

 
At 15:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need a place to host your images and if you know how to ftp and call the images through the code, I'm more than happy to host them for you gratis. That way you wouldn't have to worry about size, limits and downtime.

Email me if you want.

 
At 16:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I went down to a flappy fish or something like that. So I just removed the code from my blog... it was slowing up my loading anyway.

Besides, it's enough knowing that you and some of my other favorites visit me!

Hugs!
LJ

 
At 09:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the others, I see graphics on your blog (the lady on the bike in the top right corner). More recently your brain (and you brain on Monday).

I use IE 6.0. It may be a Windows XP security protection thing. I will have to try with my laptop which has all security settings set to paranoid since it is the only computer that has ever, ever had a virus (and it took me ages to wipe it off).

 
At 11:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Ms. Q. Thanks for commenting on my blog. You're welcome there any time! I think your blog is pretty, and, as far as I can tell, the graphics are fine.

p.s. This ("Permanecer sentados, por favor.") is hilarious.

p.p.s. I'm totally bummed about Ollie's eventual departure from the blog world, too. :(

 
At 12:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much.

BrightStar is talking me around as we speak ~ she's doing you proud ;)

 
At 22:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I devolved to a microorganism, too. It's sad, in a geeky kind of way. (Oh, and I saw you in B*'s and Oliver's comments and am stopping by to say hi!)

 
At 07:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell in the chain as well.
Maybe less truth is laid bear.

Your graphics are ok on my end, too.

 
At 07:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I don't know if this will make you feel better or not, but I dropped in that ecosystem thing to.

I think something is going on... it's not us!

 
At 17:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't entirely true. I left CMB before I knew it was closing, once I found out I emailed all my clients (including you) offering to host your images myself but recieved no reply.

If you tried to contact me via my CMB email account I wouldn't have recieved it, though I was assured by Ro that any corrospondence would be forwarded to me. At any rate, I'm sorry that you weren't able to contact me and that you had so much trouble with your images.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home