November 15, 2005

Today, she's a my birthday, too!


On this day 37 years ago, at precisely 2:30 p.m. Central Daylight Saving Time, I made my debut on planet earth. It was a beautiful autumn day. Ah, I remember it well. Wait, no I don't. I am quite sure that I was kicking and screaming when it happened. It's pretty traumatic, isn't it? You're all warm and cozy one minute and the next, you're cold, blind, and some strange man is smacking your ass. Since my mom was unconscious when I was born (why did they do that?), I still have doubts that the hospital gave me to the right family.

I keed!

(Sort of.)

Anyway, 37 years later, I'd say my life turned out pretty well. I've got a lot to be thankful for. I have all of my real teeth. I don't need a hearing aid. I'm not incontinent. Yet. Most of my faculties are still intact. I have some grey hair, but I'm kind of proud of that.

My kids turned out okay good splendidly. I get to live with my bestest friend (and the world's greatest lover) who makes every day a joy and delight for me. I'm still pretty smart and kind of sort of totally hot. I actually wear the same size as I did 20 years ago (when I was 17). Good genes, man.

Anyway, instead of complaining about how old I'm feeling (I'm not feeling old, for the record), I am embracing the fact that at age 37, I can wear funky clothes and shoes, I look and feel mostly great, and I can still have fun and do just about everything young people are supposed to be able to do.

So, there you have it. I may have a completely different attitude 3 years from now, but at this moment, I am just happy to still be 30-something. If I can manage to take care of myself, I should make a pretty awesome 40-year old. Until then, I just hope the time goes by s-l-o-w-l-y!

 
 

14 Comments:

At 11:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful year!! :-)

 
At 12:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

It's how old you feel on the inside (even if your body wants to disagree with you :-)

 
At 12:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 13:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Q! I'm sure your hubby has something extra special planned for you (as wonderful as he sounds). :)

 
At 14:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Q!!!

 
At 17:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 17:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a quilt-tastic birthday!

 
At 20:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

 
At 21:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You look mahvelous, dahlink!

 
At 21:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy Birthday!

That real teeth thing really impressed me.

 
At 09:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! came by RC. I too Still feel like I'm 25 and can wear funky clothes..

 
At 10:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! sorry i missed it.

 
At 11:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Happy Freaking Birthday!

On a day which celebrates continued existence, I'm glad that you are around.

 
At 13:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A *very* happy birthday to you!

I hope you had a wonderful day Ms...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home