November 13, 2005

Weekend update

My plan for learning vowels worked. I memorized the table, which allowed me to draw the table on my test, which allowed me to answer questions in phonetics, phonology, and morphology, as well as, wide transcription correctly (I believe) which in turn allowed me to NOT BOMB my midterm. Woot. Go me. You may all bow down to my Ginormous Intellect!

After school on Thursday, my husband saved someone's life. I will write about it later. When you see something like that, you suddenly realize how trivial your problems are.

Friday was pretty uneventful, by comparison.

Saturday, we got dressed up in fancy, fancy duds and attended a charity dinner and auction for a local organization. I was a little worried that I would feel out of place, but even though we sat at a table with some very important people, including the Mayor (!), I felt perfectly at ease and had a great time. I'd never been to an auction before. It was really exciting. I watched people spend inordinate amounts of money in the live auction, and we scored some excellent Christmas gifts for the kids (in the silent auction). The best part was that we supported a great cause and found some things that I don't think we would have found otherwise. Attend a Charity Auction: One more thing I can cross of my list of things to do!

Today is Sunday. My hubs is on-call, so I'm home alone (and no, that is not an invitation to stalkers - he'll be home at any moment - plus, I've got my father's gun and a scorching case of herpes*). I am going to take advantage of this time and try to catch up on my novel writing. I'll let you know if it doesn't suck. If I never mention it again, you can just assume that it does!

Cheerio!


*Not really. If you don't recognize that line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, then I am not sure you are equipped to read my blog!

 
 

4 Comments:

At 14:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Jennifer Grey in that movie. I loved everyone in that movie.

 
At 17:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh, the auction sounds like a great time. I've never been to one. How cool.

Looking forward to hearing the life-saving story!

 
At 18:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute entry! :)

 
At 08:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got through college using tricks like that! BRAVO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home