December 19, 2005

Impeach Bush Now

We now interrupt the regularly scheduled self-involved, author-centric, slightly amusing and entirely non-serious blogging for something real and urgent.

John Aravosis of Americablog has a great post up regarding how the 2nd Amendment has been repealed. It's a little long but worth the read. And before you get all belligerent and tell me the 2nd amendment (that's the one that guarantees your right as an American citizen to bear arms) hasn't been repealed, tell me how exactly it is different from whatKing George our government is presently doing. A lot of people are saying it better than I can, but I just have to say this. Is it going to stand? Are we letting him get away with this? It's our goddamn country. Do you want to see all of our rights slowly erode away?

If we say, "well, it's for a good cause" or "it doesn't really affect me", we deserve whatever we get. Which will include living under a real dictatorship one day. We are well on our way.

Excuse me while I go shoplift the rest of my Christmas presents. It's only stealing a little bit. And it's for a really good cause. You see, I'm broke, and as long as there is a war on my checkbook and I have no actual money, I will have to resort to extreme and rare activities, authorized by me for your own good, in order to ensure that my family has a safe, secure and prosperous Christmas.

Open it up for things you can actually do about it.


Things you can do.

Contact your Representatives
Contact your Senators
Contact them all at once
Make sure Congress gets to the bottom of this and ensures that it doesn't happen without our knowledge again

 
 

2 Comments:

At 08:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't understand how Clinton gets impeached over a blow job and Bush gets away with this crap. I've resisted writing anything about it over at my place because I literally have no words. Except one. F#%ker.

 
At 11:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, love the design! And thanks for the link to the piece on repealing the 2nd Amendment - I enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home