December 9, 2005

It's all about meme

Wha? A post about me? I have really got to expand my repertoire.

Anyway. I was lurking over at Rox Populi and found a meme about gender roles. I had five minutes to waste, so I did it. In my house, gender roles vary from day to day. I've been a slacker of a wife partner lately and I've been trying to earn back my wife credentials. I even made homemade macaroni & cheese for dinner on Monday. So, I am trying. I don't subscribe to traditional gender roles (at least the 1950s housewife version) but I do believe in pulling my weight around the house. Now that school is almost done for the semseter, I hope to reinvent myself as a totally doting wife. Not that Mr. Q ever complains, but I know he gets tired of being the only one to clean and cook and do the laundry and make me a drink when I come home. He deserves to be pampered and waited on hand and foot once in a while. After all, he helps terminally ill people all day every day. The least I can do is fetch his pipe for him after a long day at work. At least once in a while.

And, besides, apparently I can't help it, being androgynous and all.







Androgynous
You scored 70 masculinity and 70 femininity!
You scored high on both masculinity and femininity. You have a strong personality exhibiting characteristics of both traditional sex roles.





Link: The Bem Sex Role Inventory Test written by weirdscience on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

 
 

2 Comments:

At 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm androgynous, too. 56 masculinity and 56 femininity. Funny, I thought most of my answers were feminine-leaning. (BTW, I've tagged you over at my place!)
Peace out!
LJ

 
At 06:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like mooalex, I also scored a 56 on both masculinity and femininity.

Hmmm ... I wonder if the absolute scores have any significance or not? Or is it just the relative scores?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home