December 12, 2005

'Tis the season to be mental

Falalala, la la la la.

Is 'jolly' code for mental? Because if that's the case, I am the 'jolliest' of all! *snort* Well, whiny is more like it. I haven't crossed into the certifiable territory yet. Finals are this week, though, so there is still a chance.

This year, I think it should be "Merry Stressmas and a Happy Nervous Breakdown."

Wwwwhhhhyyyyyyy? For the love of all that is store-bought and wrapped in a pretty bow, why? When did it get this way?

I have almost zero shopping done. I am uninspired this year and I don't like "buying" into the whole consumer-driven madness that Christmas has become. We made some progress on shopping this weekend, but... gah. Orange County is not my favorite place to celebrate Christmas. I am so not in the mood this year.

But, I really want to be. I love Christmas. I love the songs, the food, the presents, the Christmas lights and the trees, the kids, and Santa. I love Christmas Eve mass. But I am just not feeling it this year. I'm feeling very Grinchlike this year.

Maybe it'll hit me on Christmas Eve. I don't know. Does anyone have a cure? I know! Rum balls might help! Send them to me, if you have them, posthaste!

 
 

8 Comments:

At 13:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Christmas madness! I have hardly ANY shopping done and a million things to do for myself - it makes me feel downright selfish!

Not long until shops shut and you can enjoy the festive period for what it really is - the best opportunity to be glad for what you have in this world. You do this more than most, it's totally admirable.

"We wish you a merry christmas..."

[kejugrug] - best word verification so far!

 
At 13:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know a really good bridge to jump from!!!...water's cold though!!!

i shall decline into the west...

 
At 13:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take 2 rum balls every 5 mintutes; take with spiked egg nog. Repeat untill you pass out. Then blog about it in the morning.

 
At 14:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon ~ Since when did the grinch start commenting on blogs! Go back to your hole!

 
At 17:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the grinch had a blog but is currently on hiatus...as for the hole: its a nice hole thank you very much. you really must come visit some time!!!

charming to the last dearest oliver...

signed,

Charon (aka anon)

 
At 21:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to get into christmas with the weather so warm and sunny.

I'm right there with you. I have done ZERO Shopping.

But ha! I got my tree tonight. (Hated it.)

And um, orange county? My sister lives in orange county and I'm there all the time. Wanna meet for lunch? ;-)

 
At 01:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! It sounded like you were recommending suicide :-S

Now I feel all stupid... I'll just go back to my hole now...

 
At 08:47, Blogger Anita said...

Yay! Oliver Brave and Anonymous, aka Charon, aka Mr. Q, are making up. I feel so much better now.

And, Y! I would love to meet you for lunch sometime. E-mail me next time you are down and we'll make a plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home