January 11, 2006

Five Random Things

I have absolutely no meme-resistance and make no apologies. Are they lame? Sometimes. Are they lazy? Most certainly! Sort of. It does require some thought, you know. Oliver and Luckybuzzz: they tagged me for this and since I have so much goodwill and I do play well with others, I hereby thrust upon you five random and/or weird things about me. Weird is in the eye of the beholder though.


1. I count steps. Silently and to myself. Almost always, when I walk, I count the steps I take. I know that it is 59 steps to the kitchen at work (one-way). It is about 30 steps from my front door to my car at home. Even if I am thinking about or doing other things, I can count them in my head. When I am especially manic-y, I do it more so. I don't know if this is OCD, but it doesn't really bother anyone, so it is a victimless crime!

2. My favorite flowers are lilacs. I wish I had a lilac tree. Alas, I don't.

3. I talk in my sleep. And laugh a lot, apparently. My insomniac of a husband thinks I am having a fabulous time when I sleep. I've been told that I also like to order people around and give instructions. I guess I am quite verbose. In the past, I would practice Tai Chi in my sleep and once I pulled the picture above our bed off the wall because I thought I was at an amusement park and I was pulling down the restraint on a rollercoaster. If I had insomnia instead of him, I might discover his unusual sleeping habits. It hasn't happened yet.

4. I am consistent about one thing and one thing only: I am terribly inconsistent. Consistenly inconsistent. You can count on me to rarely do the same thing twice in the same way or in the same time frame. Always has been, always will be. Deal with it!

5. This day one year ago, my first blog was born. It was a lovely, argyle blog called A Cat Named Pi. So, I have been a blogging fool for one whole year. Yay, me!

 
 

4 Comments:

At 12:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1 year of blogging!

Dude, you're starting to freak me out. #1, 2, and 3 are so me. You're not one of my multiple personalities, are you?

 
At 06:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated blogbirthday!

 
At 12:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 year of blogging - me too! Although, the current is my third iteration... does it count? And I didn't blog regularly... oh, and I stopped multiple times for long stretches. Oh well.

Good list, good list.

 
At 15:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lilacs. It goes way back. The house we just moved into this Sept. has lilacs out the wazoo and I am looking forward to Springtime so I can smell them :)

Nice blog - came from it2m - nice review, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home