January 3, 2006

Greetings and Salutations!

Happy New Year! I've been having such a good time since Thursday, I haven't really been able to check in with you all yet. How were your new year's celebrations? Good, I trust. Mine were extraordinarily good!! But, alas, I am back to work and after only 30 minutes here, I am ready to take some more time off! Gah!

My weekend was eventful, to say the least. It started with Mexican food and margaritas with my honey on Friday night! Good start!

Saturday, we went to the wedding of Mr. Q's first cousin. The wedding itself was simply beautiful; a traditional Catholic nuptial mass. The whole thing was magnificent. After a 3-hour break, we went to the reception at the bride's family home. Again, it was absolutely beautiful. It was simple and elegant and laid back and lots of fun.

Show of hands.
How many of you have eaten at Carl's Jr.? *raises hand*
How many of you have eaten a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger and chili cheese fries? *raises hand*
How many of you have eaten a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger and chili cheese fries on fine china? *raises hand*
At Carl's house? *raises hand*

It was, needless to say, memorable. We drank! We ate! We danced until almost midnight!

As if the new year couldn't top that, my darling husband and I spent New Year's Day at a five-star Laguna Beach resort, sipping the world's best Key Lime Martinis and then dining in a fancy-schmacy restaurant overlooking the surf. I had lobster bisque, which made my eyes roll into the back of my head, followed by parmesean risotto with black truffles. Having never eaten real truffles, I thought they'd be good. I didn't know they'd be heavenly. I loves me some stinky French food, yo! The whole meal was practically orgasmic. And it was shared with my handsome and classy husband. I managed to not embarrass him with my lack of refinement! Yay me!

And then we walked along the ocean under an umbrella because it was raining. Tres romantique!

Yesterday, I woke up and watched the Tournament of Roses parade while a storm brewed outside. Later, I went house hunting while the meester worked. We are moving at the end of the month. Our lease is up and we want to move somewhere either a) cheaper, b) closer to the beach, or c) both! Wish us luck. We've put in our notice. Now we just have to find somewhere to live. This should be fun. Wish us luck! If you happen to own a large estate, or even a small cottage on the beach in San Clemente and want to allow some really excellent people to live there for free, please drop me a line!!

Have fun at work y'all. Tell me how your year is looking so far. I think 2006 is going to be outstanding!!!

Click below for more!


I was pleased to get such a great response to my last post. I was remiss to leave off Phillip from The Blue Sloth, who is one fine daddy and a mighty gifted writer. The best place for Half Nekkid Thursday, too, I might add! Sorry, Phillip! My bad.

 
 

4 Comments:

At 10:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Sounds like a great weekend!

 
At 13:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo - let me know how the house hunting goes - we want exactly the same thing, if we have to stay in the State.

 
At 05:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great New Year you had! Hope the rest of the year is just as wonderful!

 
At 08:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, man...your New Year just sounds so PERFECT! I am so happy for you, what an awesome time! I wish I could say that mine was as exciting, but alas it was a bit more subdued (and ordinary...but I hope to post something about it soon, regardless). And wow, the whole Carl's Jr. saga -- color me GREEN with envy! YUM!

Best of luck in your house-hunting endeavors!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home