January 18, 2006

Hump Day Herald

As if you couldn't go another second not knowing, I am suffering a massive migraine and won't be writing any more until it goes away.

My day so far...

7:15 a.m. Woke up late.
8:00 a.m. Started my 25 minute commute.
8:45 a.m. Arrived at work. Apparently, my 25 minute commute has given birth to an additional 20 minutes.
10:45 a.m. Scintillating scotoma begins. It's like strobe lights in your head. This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around.
10:45:30 Take ibuprofen.
10:46 a.m. Nausea sets in.
10:47 a.m. Lie down in dark office.
11:15 a.m. Feeling a little bit better. At least I can almost see now.
11:20 a.m. Will you please lower your voice?

I think I'm gonna make it. If my head suddenly implodes, I'll make sure let you know somehow. If you don't hear from me for a while, send a paramedic.

Hope your day is better than mine!! The good news is that tomorrow is my Friday, so that makes today my Thursday. The bad news is I have approximately one metric ton of work on my desk that needs to be done by the end of tomorrow. And a wicked headache. Gah.

 
 

2 Comments:

At 12:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Hey, caffeine is good for headaches... now you have a medical reason to go to Starbucks! (I'm going for that whole "glass half full" thing... not working? Didn't think so.)

 
At 11:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you got the work done and the headache is gone--and you're enjoying your Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home