January 13, 2006

I'm skeered

I am afraid. Very afraid. I am going to go ahead and say it. I know I risk jinxing everything, but... effit.

It's Friday the 13th. I'm not the least bit superstitious about that. I am really fond of the number 13 and I think Friday the 13th is kind of cool- scary cheesy Jason movies notwithstanding. But I guess it's as good a day as any to air my concerns for all the internets to read.

The thing is... (and I am really annoyed by people who start sentences with "the thing is...", edited to note: probably because I say it all the time)... everything is going... um... *whispers* well.

Cool apartment by the beach? Check.
Truly affordable rent? Check.
Lost one of my favorite necklaces? Check.
Found it later in the day? Check.
Work is actually enjoyable this week? Check.
Found a place to buy cigarettes AND Starbucks adjacent to one another? Check.
My daughter wants to move back to our house? Check. (That's a topic for another day.)

My beloved betta fish died sometime last weekend but I gave him a dignified burial and I have peace about that - it was his time to go, as they say. I got a replacement fish today. I am going to call him "Jinx".

The other semi-unlucky thing was my hubs discovered his keys were lost on Tuesday. That is certainly not a big tragedy though.

I seem to be having quite good luck. What's up with that? I don't even know what to think about it. Is 2006 going to be a good year? My horoscope said so, but you know, I am skeptical sometimes. Is it all just totally random? I don't know. And I don't know if I should feel superstitious about it or not. I'm trying to just enjoy it. But it gives me anxiety. You know?

That's it. There it is - in writing. I've worked hard and I suppose I deserve to have some decent luck as much as anybody else, right? I should enjoy it as long as it lasts (which is sure to be fleeting, as life tends to be).

Having said all that, you guys have a good weekend, eh? I am working Monday and you probably aren't, but at least traffic will be good for me that day!

 
 

6 Comments:

At 15:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do get the anxiety about things going well, but yay!--I'm glad for you.

And I have to admit something. Apparently I say "The thing is..." ALL THE TIME. When my friends want to mock me, or just imitate me, that's what they say.

Sorry. I hate telling you this, since we were so compatible....I'm cool in other ways, though. :)

 
At 15:42, Blogger Anita said...

That is hilarious!! I say it all the time, too. I think that's why it annoys me so much! It's a hard habit to break. I should have disclosed that in the post. Because it is true. Just ask Mr. Q. I am sure it annoys him, too. =P

 
At 11:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got here through IT2M!!! Lovely blog!

 
At 16:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you and your new apatment. i just "found" your blog and, in honor of the whole de-lurking thing, i feel i must post. i love san clemente... in fact, we had dinner there last night at mongkut thai... YUM!

 
At 10:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy it and believe you deserve it!!!! I think that's great.

 
At 01:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little belated in my de-lurking, but here it is. Exciting, huh?

Are there people who actually get MLK Day off? I've never had it off. I must be in the wrong industry...

- Pie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home