January 10, 2006

It's official!

*squeal!*

You are reading the post of a soon-to-be beach dweller. Downtown, bay-bee, yeeaaahhh. I owe you guys a lot of vibes [Miss Ann, I'll send you which ever kind you prefer! ;-) teehee. You make me blush!] . We got the word today that Miracle Apartment TM is ours.

How did this happen? Did you ever see It's a Wonderful Life? It's kind of like that. I mean, a series of events occurred, starting with my birth and how I got switched in the hospital, that made it possible. If one link in this sequence had not happened, I don't know if we would have found it.

Last week I talked to an old friend of mine straight out of the blue. She happened to be talking to a mutual friend about a vacant apartment in her building. Our friend mentioned to her that we were looking for a place downtown. When she called and told me and then she told me how much it was, I said "oh, it must be a studio." "No! It's a two-bedroom." I'm like "NO way!!" and she was like "Way!!".

Voila! We saw it and put down a deposit that night. I hadn't talked to her in almost 4 years ('cause time has this annoying habit of flying by before you realize it). But we picked up right here we left off. And now? She is going to be my upstairs neighbor and landlord. She is married to a rock star who happens to be pretty cool. Also, she is truly one of the nicest people I know.

Anyway, it probably sounds silly and I'm probably making a much bigger deal than I need to, but it's really exciting and I feel like good things do happen to people who are nice and work hard. Sometimes. But now that I think about it, maybe if other events in my life had happened, and I wasn't switched at birth, I might have been a gajillionaire or something!! In the end, I am glad my life worked out this way. I honestly wouldn't change a thing! Less gray hair maybe, but nothing else!

Oh, shit! I've got to start really packing. We start moving in on Saturday.


P.S. I got tagged for a meme by Oliver and Luckybuzzz, and I haven't forgotten. I've just gotten busy. I'll get to that later today or tomorrow, I promise!!

 
 

8 Comments:

At 13:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserve it.
(You know I'm going to ask... who's the rock star???)

 
At 14:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, who's the rock star?? :D Inquiring minds wanna know...

Oh, and Congratulations! (of course) :)

 
At 15:36, Blogger Anita said...

Yeah, about that rock star. I can't tell you because it could jeopardize my anonymity! They have been played on the radio, MTV and VH1 but they aren't a household name. That's all I can say.

 
At 16:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! That is *great* news

 
At 17:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There'd better be some pictures of this fabulous place.. I'm dying to see.

Congrats, by the way!

 
At 00:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so, so awesome! Finding a great place to live is so important (take it from someone who's lived in, like, 17 places in 12 years--I get it!). Congratulations!

 
At 10:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on the new digs!! Awesome..glad to see that all that vibe-ing paid off!!

hee.

 
At 10:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Way jealous in ye ol' landlocked city of mine...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home