January 5, 2006

On Finding Unexpected Things

With apologies to John Lennon, while I was busy making other plans, life was happening. I like to think that I pay attention to little things (and I often do) and that I don't take things for granted. Once in a while, unexpected things happen. It's a good thing, I make a tiny effort once in a while.

Last night, I discovered a few things I didn't expect at all. Here is the biggest one. The others are just silly and I'll put them in a separate post.

The really important thing I found last night was a long, lost friend. She and I used to work together and do yoga together. We grew up in Texas, not far from where I grew up, so we have a lot in common that way, too. We sort of fell out of touch for a few years (four, to be exact) and, out of the blue, she called me last night after running into a mutual friend. There is more to the story, but I am saving it for later. Suffice it to say, it was outrageously cool to see her and reconnect with her and watch the 'Horns beat USC in the Rose Bowl! (Whoo, go Longhorns!) I am excited to spend more time with her and her husband.

Life is crazy. Time is flying by and before you know it, four years have passed. One of the best things ever, is finding someone you knew and picking up where you left off as if no time at all has passed. Neat.

 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home