January 6, 2006

Over it

In a sugar-induced frenzy, I went gaga over a coffee drink yesterday. It's a good drink and all but you know what? I really, really like a good old plain cup of joe best of all. So, I am actually resolving to drink only coffee. Lattes will be reserved for special occassions like a date with a friend or while shopping. They are not to be consumed on a daily basis. So, there. I'm over it.

Here are some more "real" resolutions I have deemed worthy enough to write down:

This year, I am going to save money. I am actually going to put some each week in this nifty little thing called a "savings" account. I've had this so-called savings account for years, but the balance has remained consistently at $3.00. I am going to stop buying ridiculously expensive coffee drinks. I need some new shoes, anyway. If I don't buy lattes, I can afford a new pair of nice shoes after only 3 or 4 weeks.

I am going to stop smoking at home. I may even stop smoking altogether. But for sure, I don't want to smoke at home. Except for an occassional clove, maybe.

I am going to call my grandma more.

That's it for now. Any other ideas?

 
 

4 Comments:

At 11:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Fancy coffee is inferior to regular coffee. I do take cream and a touch of sugar in mine, so I am no purist. But all those wild and wacky coffee things are like drinking a liquid desert. And I dont need desert first thing in the morning, I need something to kick me in the back of the head.

 
At 14:31, Blogger Anita said...

Jesse, you are totally right. I guess I've always considered these a treat for a hard day of blogging, I mean, work! I'm off of them now. Clean and Crack-Free from this day forward! Until they make something really irresistable like a chocolate raspberry creme brulee latte. I'd be all over that like white on rice. Hopefully, Howard Schultz doesn't read my blog!

 
At 03:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have money resolutions too but I'm too ashamed of how I deal with money to writ any of them down. But I'm proud of my workout resolutions..... I think working out is a good resolution especially for those of us who are - ahem - of a certain age.....

 
At 20:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys... You can still have fantastic coffee and save money! Buy your FRESHLY ROASTED COFFEE from JavaQueen International and get premium coffee delivered to your door. If you like the specialty drinks you can try one of our 110 flavored coffees and save the calories too! Of course, if you just have to have your sweet coffee, we have all the syrups for you to make your specialty coffee drinks at home and save money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home