January 5, 2006

Starbucks Strikes Again

Gawdammit!! Howard, you bastard! You are seriously making me crazy. Allow me to 'splain. Among other discoveries yesterday...

1. Just as I was about to overcome my Gingerbread Latte dependency, you go and create this...




2. Starbucks will give you a sample of new drinks, the better to addict you introduce you to its yummy goodness.

3. If you become a regular customer, they covertly begin upsizing you, which I assume is because they are generous, or maybe it's just that they want to make sure you are sufficiently dependent on them. Order a grande, get a venti. I don't know if this is standard practice or just because I'm so freaking adorable, but it happens a lot. I've been known to get a freebie pretty often too. All the better to feed my addiction.

4. Not only am I a weak, weak woman who loves espresso and steamed milk, probably more than most people, and not only is it one of my few, sometimes only, choices available, I now feel as if I have become a minion of the Evil Starbucks Empire. This may look like an advertisement for them, but I assure you it's meant as more of a Public Service Announcement. If you value your checkbook and your waistline, please, please stay away from these expensive, fattening, and totally pointless drinks!!!!! (heheh, that'll leave more for me!!)

 
 

9 Comments:

At 13:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I just found your site from So the Fish Says, and I just tried the new Starbucks drink. It's good. I love Starbucks and am totally addicted. (I only drink the sweet stuff)

 
At 13:31, Blogger Anita said...

Yay! Welcome, Mindy! I know I can't be the only one who drinks Starbucks, otherwise they couldn't have 4.2 billion locations! I drink Starbucks. And I don't know why that is hard to admit sometimes.

 
At 14:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you looked at the nutrition facts on their website? That did it for me...Whew! each drink is the calories of a meal!

 
At 15:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ty - I switched from lattes to Americanos for caloric reasons and now I've switched form Americanoes back to regular coffee for financial reasons. But that said, if Starbucks makes you happy just do it!

 
At 03:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a caramel macchiato girl mysemf. Sadly, I can't get Starbucks here in France... (though they do have it in Paris, I hear.)

Wanna mail me some?

 
At 06:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh damn that looks good - I'm definitely going to have to try one of those!

 
At 10:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, it looks a bit too sweet/froo-froo/something for my taste, but I have to admit that Charles Schultz has made a fortune off my coffee consumption.

- Pie

 
At 10:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever had a coffee at Starbucks (despite the fact they are quite common up here in Canada too).

Tim Horton's are much more common (coffee, donuts, soup) - oddly enough, they are a cash only establishment (and I never carry cash - it's plastic all the way).

 
At 10:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, i am so starbuck's bitch. i have a love for espresso and steamed milk that surpasses even yours i believe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home