February 17, 2006

Just because...

Because...

it's Friday...

I'm bored...

apparently, I'm fourteen years old...

I present to you my new pretend celebrity boyfriend (shhh, don't tell my husband. He doesn't know yet**.)


Demetri Martin. He's hot.

You can read about him here, here, here and here. If you haven't seen him, he is a sometimes contributor to the Daily Show. His segment is Trendspotting. This week was all about MySpace. It was hilarious. If I didn't have an allergy to MySpace, I'd be one of his friends.

Born in 1973, he is only six five years younger than me, so that doesn't make me Mrs. Robinson at all.

**Mr. Q, might I remind you is the smartest, funniest, and hottest guy in the world. He knows I have these fleeting crushes on cute, smart, funny guys from time to time. The crush usually ends when I have a wild sex dream about them. Hence, as of last week, Jon Stewart is no longer my pretend celebrity boyfriend. *blush* He is now my pretend platonic friend who was really good in bed but not terribly nice afterwards. If we are going to have an on-going pretend relationship, you have to at least pretend that I am special and not just one of your groupies. I still have a high regard for Jon Stewart, but I'm ready to move on in the heartthrob department.

Who is your pretend celebrity boyfriend or girlfriend?

 
 

11 Comments:

At 15:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, he's a cutie!

I have fleeting celebrity boy/girlfriends too...we're usually all hot & heavy for a week or two, and then they just stop doing it for me. Except Johnny Depp, who is perfect. And Devendra Banhart, yum.

But it totally cracks me up that you broke up with Jon Stewart. :)

 
At 16:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... he doesn't really do anything for me.

Scarlett Johansson is pretty cute - although she is about half my age. Someone closer to my age would be Catherine Zeta-Jones.

 
At 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never a huge George Clooney fan until this year. His past two movies have made me see that there's more to him than just tall, dark and handsome. He's got an intelligent liberal side to him too! My kind of man.

 
At 18:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to have a thing for both Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal :)
I also really like Jack Black, John Cusack, and (of course) Johnny Depp.

And sometimes Marilyn Manson. (now I'm going to leave before people think I'm too weird)

 
At 05:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about you and Jon Stewart, but I'm glad you totally broke up with him.
The new guy is v cute.

Clive Owen is my celebrity boyfriend.....too yummy.

 
At 14:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a link to the Daily Show segment.

 
At 15:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband knows all about my celebrity "boyfriends", like Brendan Fraser and Oded Fehr. *dreamy sigh* And I know all about his thing with Lucy Liu and Selma Hayek, so it's all good.

 
At 06:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok if they are musicians, right?? I have two! Bono and Dave Matthews...I think I am more in love with their voices than their looks (although both are quite sexy)...Even just when they talk...sigh...But Bono's nobel prize nominated brain is quite sexy as well...I need me a real life man that can swing shades indoors...

 
At 09:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...the answer to this one for me would vary depending on who you asked.

If you ask me, I'd tell you that I didn't have any pretend celebrity girlfriends. If you ask my wife, she'd give you list of people that she has at one point or another decided must be my secret girlfriend.

 
At 06:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiera Knightly. 'Nuff said.

 
At 13:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demetri is excellent. Hopefully he won't become some sort of hermit like Steven Wright has. The Trendspotting segment is on YouTube along with plenty of other clips of him, if you just search on his name.

As for my own crushes, definitely Maggie Gyllenhaal and Lauren Graham. And Sarah Vowell, a geeky/funny writer sort from This American Life, that tends to end up on the Daily Show about once a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home