April 26, 2006

Wanna Be Famous?

My friend Oliver, who many of you know as OliverBrave, is working on a project and wants our help. It's called 15x15 and it's based on the Andy Warhol premise that in the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. I'll let Oliver explain:

It has been developed to re-interpret Andy Warhol's claim about "15 minutes of fame" (a full description can be found on the site). Essentially, the entire piece is made up of video taken by mobile phones and submitted to us. Each clip lasts approximately 15 seconds, and the site will be projected on a screen at a media conference in Istanbul at the end of this week.

http://15x15.org/


It's kind of groovy, y'all. Check it out. Participate if you want. Tell your friends about it if you want. I've always wanted to visit Istanbul (not Constantinople) at least once and now I will be, in a sense! What a trip! Cool,huh? And it's anonymous. That's the beauty part to me.

Do it for Oliver. Do it for Andy. Do it for the hell of it. Be sure to read the terms and conditions. They aren't using anything offensive or naked so... be creative and be cool!

 
 

2 Comments:

At 10:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm going to be singing They Might Be Giants for the rest of the day.

I don't have a phone that can take video, or still pictures for that matter, so I can't really participate. I think it's a pretty cool idea though.

 
At 05:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like CK I have too do not have a video capable phone (actually, I don't even own a cell phone).

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works
That's nobody's business but the Turks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home