May 19, 2006

On neglect and other fun ideas

Me : Whirled Peas :: Britney Spears : Sean Preston

I am to this blog as Britney Spears is to Sean Preston.

[If you know not what I am referring to, you really need to get out more.]

I mean I haven't worn curlers in my hair while driving down the road with my blog facing the wrong way or anything (I hope she put sunscreen on him at least.) I haven't even tripped and nearly dropped my blog on the sidewalk nor have I left my blog with a nanny who could drop it on its head. But I haven't paid as much attention to it as I would like.

Have I been neglectful? Do you care? Have you even missed the oh-so-eloquent drivel that I spew here daily?

The fact is, I don't have much to say. Sure, I could tell you about how I am kicking ass at school and maybe getting a paper published next fall (my first). How I met one of my favorite authors last week and he gave one of his books that I've been wanting. I could tell you about my other job as Apartment Manager Extraordinaire*. I could show you more pictures of my kitten. I could tell you how my daughter is turning 17 on Sunday and how my son called me from France today. I could also tell you that I am going to Disneyland tomorrow (yeehaw!). I could even do a meme!

But you expect, nay demand, more than that from the whole 1.5 minutes you invest here daily. You are a discriminating bunch of blog readers! Only the very best will do for you. I do hate to disappoint you so, in my usual perfectionist manner, I decide to write nothing instead of something lame.

I will try to aim low for a while and hope the blogger's block clears soon. I checked my stats and someone at NBC was reading my blog. Maybe they are so intrigued by my awesomeness they want to do a show! I guess they do need to fill the Will & Grace spot now. I am available. My calendar is ready to be cleared at a moment's notice. (Psst. Hey you at NBC, call me!) I'm thinking a show about Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and me. We could be trapped in an elevator for the whole season. I bet that would be interesting. Here's the pitch: two people trapped in an elevator for 26 hours. Each episode would cover one hour in real time in the elevator. I imagine though 22 of those hours would be spent making out so maybe that wouldn't be so much fun to watch. Fun to film though for sure!

I digress.

Maybe I'll find some blogworthy things at the Happiest Place on Earth. We'll see. I've actually got two papers to write and a final next week, so I may be incommunicado until Thursday.


Y'all have a great weekend. Or as they say in France: "Avez-vous un bon week-end!"


*Apartment Manager Extraordinaire is my secret CIA cover. I am not allowed to talk about it on my blog. Forget I even said anything!

 
 

9 Comments:

At 20:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, that was my idea for a TV show only I was with Eko, not Sawyer. Great minds think alike. Enjoy the land of Disney!

 
At 23:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who was the author and what book did s/he give you? You can't just leave out the details on stuff like that!

What if it was a SERIES of elevators - like 3 or 4 of them right next to each other - and they ALL broke down at the same time? And I was in one of them with the resurrected Ana Lucia? And in order to stay alive we had to huddle together for warmth. Nakedly. I think you're onto something here.

 
At 10:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the elevator idea has promise, too. And I have missed you. And I think I dreamed that I was at Disneyland, 2 nights ago. Have a good time!

 
At 02:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That girl is ridiculous, someone call social services - save the baby, for the love of all that is right!

 
At 07:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, congrat's on kicking ass in school, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on getting that paper published (very cool!). Truthfully, you could post a recipe for kung pao chicken and I'm sure I'd find it entertaining, so no worries here on the Entertainment Factor. ;)

Hope you have/had a blast at Disney! I would love to go there.

 
At 06:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have I been neglectful? Do you care? Have you even missed the oh-so-eloquent drivel that I spew here daily?"

The answers would be "Maybe a little," "Of course," & "Always."

On a side note, I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for Britney. Someone needs to take her aside, explain that she is always in the spotlight and give her a few tips on things to avoid and a few things to make sure she does correctly. She needs some a decent support network, but instead she has money-grubbing leeches (and an apparently very potent husband). How do you not have someone in your life that cares enough to say, "Curlers? Girl, do you know how many people are going to be taking your picture?" It's kind of sad.

 
At 09:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want kitty pictures!!! :)

 
At 10:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that you who dropped me on my head and made me surf the blogosphere without a proper firewall? Sheesh. I'm thinking about reporting you

 
At 11:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well at least she didn't drop the glass o' vodka?

just a suggestion but maybe you should take up drinking. couldn't hurt...much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home