May 3, 2006

The one in which I whinge

Ever have one of those days where it just feels like everyone hates you? I rarely do, but today the feeling is strong. Usually, I think I am awesome! Some days I feel a litle loser-y, but normally I can compensate for it by having a remarkably good hair day, perfectly fitting pants, or a particularly delicious cup of coffee. Today, not even beautiful hair, perfect pants, or tasty coffee can help.

Maybe it's because I didn't sleep well, which is maybe because my neighbors decided to have a barbeque in the carport at 11:00 p.m. last night, which they decided to do because they obviously hate me. Which they for sure do now, since I got out of bed at 11:30 to go yell at them. Which they responded to with complete rudeness and impertinence and telling me to "relax" and talking back to me like they were teenagers.

If you know what's good for you, you don't make me cranky at 11:30 at night when chances are pretty good that I am already cranky by virtue of it being 11:30 at night and I am working more than a full time job and going to school. And my son is going to Iraq in less than 2 months. And other stuff.

Oh yeah, and my other neighbor's dog bit me last night. Twice hard enough to leave dark red welts. Just because he hates me, too. Obviously.

Anyway, I just feel like people hate me today. I said hi to a few people today and either they didn't hear me or they completely snubbed me. And why do I always have to be the one to say hi? Can't they say hi first once in a while?! And my only good friend at work is on vacation so I can't go whine about it to him. And my only other best friend in the world is in meetings all day and not accessible by chat or phone right now. And could I possibly start another sentence with "and"?

Thanks for listening. You deserve a medal or something. But since you probably hate me too, I doubt you'd accept my lame medal anyway.

 
 

7 Comments:

At 13:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.

Just thought I'd say it first. :)

 
At 14:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never feel the universe is conspiring against me – at worst, I might feel the universe is completely indifferent to me and I am all alone.

We don’t hate you, and if you need to vent … well go ahead, we all enjoy watching you vent.

Didn’t that make you feel better?

Probably not.

If memory serves, you were actually quite enthused and gushing about this new place. Making us drool over our keyboards as you posted pics from the new neighbourhood (actually, I only remember one picture, but it had palm trees – we don’t have palm trees in Canada, not outside of botanical gardens, at any rate).

Anything I might try to say will sound trite and cliched, so go ahead and have your bad day – although, we expect to see you bright and cheery tomorrow (unless you have really annoyed the neighbours and they decide to host an even bigger BBQ tonight).

What is a carport? Is that another term for driveway? I thought it was a British term. Have you been watching a lot of PBS lately?

The Doctor: How do you feel now?
Tegan: Groggy, sore and bad tempered.
The Doctor: Good. Almost your old self.
Doctor Who: The Visitation

 
At 14:46, Blogger Anita said...

Thanks, y'all. I absolutely love where I live! It is the coolest apartment in all the land. Sometimes though the usual peace and quiet and the soothing sound of the surf is interrupted by people who enjoy life at different hours than me and it's usually the night I need sleep the most!!

A carport in the US is a covered parking spot (like a garage but not fully enclosed).

I will be in a better mood tomorrow, I promise! (Or I won't tell you that I'm still in a bad mood! Ha!) I'm just a wee bit tired today and when I'm tired, I whine like a little baby.

 
At 16:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel loser-y today too. i'm whiny too.

hold me.

I'll buy at starbucks if you pat me on the head.

 
At 19:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Q, we could never hate you!! Sorry to hear about your bad day. Here's an embarrassing truth: I sleep with foam earplugs every night. I've always been a light sleeper, but now with the earplugs I sleep like the dead! heheh Anyway, I'm sure they would work great for shutting out annoying, noisy neighbors.

And of course feel free to vent again tomorrow, if necessary. :)

 
At 09:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably hate you? Bah. Now you're just being silly.

 
At 08:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Q. Sorry I had my head up my ass with my own shit this week and didn't get around to popping in before now. I think you're awesome and they all suck. So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home