June 13, 2006

Un-Harshing My Mellow

The first thing I remember this morning was the alarm my husband telling me the alarm was going off. Like most people, I got up, begrudgingly, got ready for work sans coffee (don't ask me how because I have no idea how I functioned without it), and then with profound sadness left him sleeping like an angel in bed. Lucky bastard has the day off.

Blah blah blah. Got nasty-ass coffee at some large, corporate chain (that will remain unnamed because I've given them too much publicitiy here and they right pissed me off recently), put a whopping 3 gallons of gas in my car and headed to *ugh* the office.

My mellow was sufficiently harshed when I got here. I felt like Prince Humperdink:

"Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. "


Anyway, I do have about a gajillion things to do, including move.

Oh, didn't I tell you? We're moving. Remember Dream ApartmentTM (somewhere in my January archives; too lazy to link it)? It is still Dream Apartment. BUT! There is a 3-bedroom apartment right downstairs which opened up recently and we nabbed it. So, now it's dream apartment plus extra space!!!! Yay!

I have other top secret things to plan and I can't even tell you because it involves the man I am currently sleeping with and the anniversary of his birth and he reads this so I don't want to spoil it for him. Do you think he'll pick up that hint? I'm sneaky, huh?!

As I was saying, from about 7:30 - 12:00 today my mellow was totally harshed because I have to work and it's gorgeous outside and the radio on my desk wasn't getting any reception. Well, I didn't really realize that have a killer desk radio. It has TV bands. So, on a whim, I switched it to Channel 11 (KTTV, Los Angeles) and "I Love Lucy" is on!!! Did you know that show is hilarious? Did you know it is even hilarious without seeing it? I am quite surprised, but it is making me laugh out loud. The episode is "The Sublease" .

Trivia for Lucy fans: Jay Novello played Mr. Beecher in this episode. What other episode(s) was he in and who did he play?

Back to me. I'm stoked that I can listen to TV! Anybody know what shows I should listen to? I only have regular broadcast channels. Show recommendations in the comments, por favor!

 
 

6 Comments:

At 13:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No good recommendations from me, but you used one of my favorite Princess Bride quotes.

 
At 15:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Get some rest. If you haven't got your health you haven't got anything."

 
At 17:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Years ago I worked as a drafter...er, draftsman... uh, drafts-woman? Erm, anyway, I had a TV-band radio on my drawing table and each day I would listen to 3 hours worth of back-to-back daytime soaps (All My Children, One Life To Live, General Hospital). You would not believe how much work I would get done during that time! I would get so engrossed in the storylines that the day would literally fly by! Anyway, not sure if you've ever been one to watch the soaps (my dear old grandma got me hooked on AMC 30+ years ago at the tender age of 10, and I have been an on-again/off-again watcher ever since). I would probably also like listening to Regis & Kelly...Kelly Ripa is a hoot! (Not to mention she's a former AMC star.) ;)

 
At 18:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a little trivia for you -- Jay Novello actually appeared in two other "I Love Lucy" episodes -- The Seance from Season One where he played Mr. Merriweather, and Visitor From Italy in Season 6 where he played Mario.

I'm not sire if I should be proud or ashamed that I know all of this without even having to look it up...

 
At 11:37, Blogger Anita said...

Craig - every quote from the Princess Bride is my favorite quote!

Beth - ditto!

MIO - Great idea. I used to watch AMC and General Hospital way back when I was a stay at home mom. I will tune in!

Aubrie - I knew that would get you to comment! ;-) You are correct, of course! Mad Props for not having to google it! I love that show and all of the recurring guest stars!

 
At 13:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maury. Because what's a day without Maury?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home