June 1, 2006

The Worst Wife in the World Award

I am the Worst Wife in the WorldTM. I might possibly be the Worst Woman in the World, but let's not be too harsh!

Why am I the WWitW?



Today is June 1st right?

My first thought: Today is something special. Hmmm. I wonder what it is. Rent is Due Day. Pay Day. It's also Marilyn Monroe's birthday(but I've never really been a Marilyn girl, I'm more of an Audrey girl).

I've been sitting here all day with a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something, but since school got out last week, that's been a chronic condition for me.

Just a few minutes ago, I called my husband (aka, the Best Husband in the World and aka the Hottest Guy in the World) who said, as tradition dictates: "Hi! Who is this?" and I say "Me" and he says "Oh, you mean the one who shares an anniversary with me?"

And, ohmygod, I am such a bad liar! Do you think I could have just said "Of course! Yeah, I totally knew that and I was just waiting to see if you remembered!"? No. I said "Oh shit! I totally forgot."

'Cause I'm an idiot and also? The Worst Wife in the World. *hangs head in shame*

So, there you have it. My own public admission and apology for forgetting. Seriously. What kind of girl forgets the day she was united in bestfriendom and state sanctioned matrimony by the State of Nevada to the hunkiest guy on the planet?

Here is my lame attempt at an excuse though (I have one!): We've been friends for 15 years and together for 6 of them. We got legally hitched 2 years ago. It was totally spontaneous and spur of the moment and we did it without telling anyone first. I firmly believe that people should focus more on the "marriage" itself and less on the actual "wedding". But that's just me. (Secret confession: If money were no object, I probably would have spent $50K and invited every person I've ever met or stood in line at Starbucks with.) Anyway, I haven't regretted getting married once (except at tax time) and I would do it again without hesitation. In fact, we probably will do it again someday! Getting married is fun!

I totally do not deserve him. And, so far, this is all I have to give him - A blog post and a picture of the traditional 2nd anniversary gift:





I love you, Mr. Q! I am so glad I married you and I am so proud to be your wife! Happy Anniversary!

 
 

9 Comments:

At 17:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, am I mean if I laugh at that? I hope not.

 
At 17:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for the Worst Wife in the World, that's a pretty nice...um...cottonball. :)

 
At 19:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, congratulations to you both!! I never had a wedding either (in the formal sense), but lately as I've been invited to attend several weddings, I've begun to feel a little cheated. (Okay, admittedly, I feel the most cheated when I'm buying off of everyone else's bridal registries, realizing all the GOODS I missed out on! heheh) I just told my kids recently that perhaps someday me and mine will get hitched again, this time with a real wedding! Congratulations again, and bravo for owning up to your forgetfulness. I'm sure as wonderful as Mr. Q sounds that he has already forgiven you!

 
At 00:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

And don't feel bad, every freakin' year I miss our anniversary by one day. You'd think after 11 years I'd remember, but not me, oh no.

 
At 01:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaw but you remembered BEFORE the day was over so it TOTALLY didn't count at all - honestly thats the rules.. I mean they may be the unwritten rules but still RULES ARE RULES and so I am sorry to tell you I shall be stripping you of your WWITW title *removes crown* however you CAN have the award for nicest new person I've met in a while *places BEAUTIFUL SPARKLY crown on your head* I hope you had a lovely day I TOTALLY didn't know it was MM's bday June the first exists soley to remind me that My husband was born usually but now I shall always think of you (I'll remind you next year) *hugs* xxx

 
At 01:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooh also.. I thought that the traditional present was TIN for second year no? is that a picture of string is it string? I don't know... I haven't had my second anniversary yet I suppose I should find out before hand eh? xxx

 
At 14:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Hope your day turned out better than Fred's attempt to purchase a "cheap" piano from 88 fingers Louie.

Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

Pour a cheerful toast and fill it
Happy Anniversary
But be careful you don't spill it
Happy Anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

Happy she and happy he
They're both as happy as can be
Celebrating merrily
their happy anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Haaappy Anniversary

We now state emphatically
its happy anniversary
Not another day could be
a happy anniversary

Ooooo Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy (slow)
Happy (slow)
Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy (fast)
Anniversary!!!
These are claimed to be the lyrics from that episode.

 
At 10:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, oops ;-) BTW, the HUSBAND is supposed to be the one who forgets the anniversary!

Happy anniversary guys! :-)

 
At 14:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe...congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home