July 10, 2006

Getting older can suck it!

You know you're getting older when...

  • you throw your hip out just climbing into the Jeep.
  • you stay up until 3 a.m. Friday night and sleep until 3 p.m. the next day. And you're still tired.
  • you hear yourself saying to your 17-year old "I've never heard of that band".
  • you hear yourself saying to your husband "OMG, these kids sure listen to awful music these days!"
  • you talk about the consistency and frequency of your poop on a daily basis.

Oh, I could go on, but you get the picture. It's starting to look pretty grim! I did, however, not only get carded on Friday night, but after I went all the way back home to get my ID, the bartender scrutinized it for a really long time and still thought it was FAKE! W00t! The backstory is simply that we went to a little party and all decided to go out to karaoke. Since I had walked to the party, I didn't have my ID with me. I thought I could get into the bar but... no. I thought then that I could sneak in through the side door, but no! I actually had to go all the way home, get my id and go back. We sang a Bob Marley song. I bought a beer, but only barely. Exciting, eh? Anyway, people apparently think I look 12. That's cool, I guess.

I am wondering what's more important (or better), looking young or feeling young? I guess we take whatever we can get, right?

Speaking of being young, I have had numerous conversations recently about my mullet history. When I was about 14 to 15, I had a mullet. In my defense, it was 1983 and it was Texas. I have been challenged to post a picture of me rocking the mullet and as soon as I find one, I will be scanning it and publicly humilating myself with it!

 
 

8 Comments:

At 03:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, can't wait for the mullet picture! Awesome.

And I totally feel your pain about aging... Kids these days...

 
At 04:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you still look 12, how will we now you didn't take the picture recently?

 
At 04:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Chris Cactus. And I had a mullet in the mid-80's in Texas.

(Everyone - Hi Chris!)

 
At 09:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto for me on rockin' the Texas mullet! ;)

 
At 09:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you are getting old when you find grey chest hairs.

 
At 10:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mullet! Mullet! Mullet!

I know that I am old because a few weeks ago, the next-door neighbors were having a tile floor installed. The tile guy was cutting tiles out in the driveway at 8pm, and I was peeking through the blinds like, "WHY IS HE CUTTING THOSE TILES SO LOUDLY AT THIS HOUR! DOESN'T HE KNOW PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO WATCH TV AND SLEEP?!"

I will know that I am really, really old when I start looking out the window to see if neighborhood kids are on my lawn so I can shoo them off.

 
At 16:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when I get carded! And yes, I also had a mullet in the mid-80's but I'm happy to say not in Texas.

 
At 08:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you talk about the consistency and frequency of your poop on a daily basis."

This is a non-age specific activity. Poop talk is very popular amoung todays youth as well as post-youthies. It is a bridging topic.

Remember, everyone poops. And if they don't poop, they probably wish they did and will therefor gladly discuss it.

Poop talk is multi-generational. It is the universal unifier.

Do not underestimate poop talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home