August 10, 2006

A breath of fresh air

It's about 48 hours post-op and I am starting to feel pretty darn good. This morning I visisted the medieval torture chamber doctor's office had the packing removed from my nose. That was definitely the Most. Traumatic. Procedure. Ever. OMG, that was horrible. Thankfully, it is a very short, quick procedure and I was on a big old dose of pain killers so it was bearable. Plus, my husband was there and my doctor gave me a big hug afterward! So while it was freaky and I hope you never have to do that, it was also nice to get hugs!

Anyway, my nose is looking pretty good and when the Dr. removed the packing and cleaned my new nostrils out, he told me to take a breath. Wow. I mean WOW! I have never breathed like that. The doctor said it would take about 10 days for the swelling to go down and then I will be able to breathe like that all the time. Wow. What a difference. Until then, I'll have crusty, boogery, slightly swollen nostrils. That's hot, huh?!! That might even be HOTT with an extra 'T'. Who wants to make out with me?

I will probably post a picture and a more coherent post tomorrow. I'm weaning off the vicodin now. Did you know that it's really easy to quit coffee and cigarettes when you're on Vicodin! Yay. Once I wean off the dope, I'm seriously going to try to stay off the smokes and resume my caffiene addiction. Wish me luck on that!

 
 

2 Comments:

At 17:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing better, and I hope it keeps moving that direction.

 
At 20:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing better. Enjoy the vicodin while it lasts... my mom was on vicodin for a week after her facelift and she still doesn't remember a thing. Of course... it was a mix of vicodin and valium, but who's counting? ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home