September 22, 2006

Well, Duh!

As seen at Dr. Brazen Hussy this a.m. And thank d0g, too, I had nothing to write about. Until later today, that is. I've got a special-ish post which won't be all that special but it marks a slightly momentous occassion. Stay tuned.

Pure Nerd
100 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 30% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!


THE NERD? GEEK? OR DORK? TEST



Labels:

 
 

6 Comments:

At 10:10, Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Wow. You win.

 
At 10:19, Blogger Anita said...

It's not a competition! I'm not even a Dr.! So, you win on that. I am but a lowly high school drop out, soon to be 40-year old college graduate. So, really if they'd asked questions like: "did you get knocked up in high school?" I would have scored 100% Stupid dumbass (caveat: I LOVE my kids though so I'm a lucky stupid dumbass).

 
At 12:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a geek. I knew that.

I am absolutely stayed tuned for this special-ish post. Don't keep us in suspense!

 
At 13:27, Blogger Craig said...

I was 86%, 52% and 52%, which made me an Outcast Genius. I'm not so sure about being told I'm greater than half dork, or an outcast, but I'll take the genius part.

"A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one." Odd, I thought a geek was someone from a sideshow, who ate strange things like live chickens.

 
At 15:59, Blogger *lynne* said...

Heh. I got 52% 26% 30%. Even cooler was finding a Buffy quiz by the same person - was hoping I'd be Willow, but ended up "getting" Tara instead :-)

 
At 11:36, Blogger Richard said...

Pure Nerd
60 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 43% Dork

Apparently I scored higher than 99% of respondants in all categories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home