October 11, 2006

Apropos of my last post

I should review the reasons I feel like Crap today. I just did it (reviewed the reasons) for me, but you wouldn't know that unless you've tapped into my brain and are reading my thoughts (like the government and those pesky aliens!).

This week in a nutshell:

Diet - crap
Sleep habits - crap
Life - hectic
Schedule - packed
Time for myself to relax - nil
Martinis - one


So, in narrative form, that would be somethin' like this: I have been so busy with school, work, life, blah blah blah, that I haven't taken the time to eat well, get enough sleep or spend any quality relaxation time with myself or anyone. Plus, I keep forgetting to take my essential medication (to keep from being a full-fledged and certifiable loon) and that is only compounding the problem. Because when you don't feel good, you're really not all that inclined to take good care of yourself. Self-perpetuating cycle and all that crap. Plus, I've only had ONE martini this week and for a good time I need at least two!

The number one rule of Fight Club feeling good is (obvious to most people with 2 brain cells to rub together but that's neither here nor there), taking care of myself. Last night? I ate an In-n-Out cheeseburger (animal style) for dinner. At 11:00 p.m. Yeah, that's healthy!!! I got to bed around 12, 12:30 and awoke at 5:45 a.m. Hardly a recipe for good mood and good health!!

Right now, I am eating a delicious salad and what do you know?! I am feeling better already!! D'oh. What a genius I am!!

I know you were all overwhelmed with concern for me so I thought it only fair to point out that I have the solution to the problem right here in my very own head!! But that doesn't mean I would turn down 3-martini lunches with cool friends either!! (hint, hint)

Labels:

 
 

6 Comments:

At 15:10, Blogger Richard said...

It sounds like you are back to your normal life and routine.

 
At 15:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say 3 martini lunch? Your town or mine? :)

--lb (still hating blogger/google accounts)

 
At 17:39, Blogger Beth said...

Care for a third wheel on that martini lunch? I could go for a drink myself!

Cheer up, camper - you have a wonderful life. I know I'm not telling you anything here that you don't already know, but you can't forget to take care of yourself!

BTW, I've never had an In-n-Out burger (they don't have them in here in the Midwest that I know of) but I hear they're fabulous. So even though you were using that as an example of what NOT to eat, I'm very jealous. One of these days...

 
At 08:19, Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Your week in a nutshell sounds like my past 2 months in a nutshell (which explains why I haven't been blogging lately).

Here's to hoping that things lighten up for both of us soon!

 
At 15:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go fuck a goat!

 
At 15:09, Blogger Anita said...

Why you always tellin' me to go fuck a goat, man?


p.s. All husbands must sign their name to their comments!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home