October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Hey Weenies! I am wishing you a ghoulish and utterly frightening All Hallow's Eve. Back in my witchy days, this would be a big day but now that I practically a nihilist, I really don't care. It's a fun holiday. Everyone likes to be frightened once in a while. Right? Right.

Well, here's something frightening to ponder...

In 3 weeks, I will be driving my husband to my hometown in Texas. For the first time ever. You read that right. I have known him 15 years, we've lived together for 7 and he's never seen the place where I grew up. He is going to see the house I grew up in, the town where I lived and he will meet my grandmother for the first time. He will have a completely different perception of me afterward. I mean, he's only known me as a poised, sophisticated, and lovely girl. Just wait until he sees the rural country town I grew up in. And all those pick-up trucks.

And... the worst part of all? Pictures from my childhood. Oh my god.


If I return after Thanksgiving to tell you about my divorce proceedings, it is only because my handsome, well-bred, well-educated husband has run, screaming, for the hills!

On the plus side? Sonic! Oh yes, I am going to have me a Cherry Limeade and a Sonic bacon Cheeseburger and Frito Pie!! Just like old times.

Labels: ,

 
 

6 Comments:

At 04:20, Blogger Craig said...

There's no need to worry whatsoever. I'm sure he will realize that rather than running away, it would be much, much more fun to tease you about it for the rest of your lives. That's what I did when Melissa had her "we were white trash!" realization. I didn't run, I just mocked her childhood mullet.

Also, finding Sonic on the drive down is one of the great things when we take a trip to go visit my parents. Don't forget the tots or Ocean Water or the shakes or...ok, I think I have problems.

 
At 06:00, Blogger Beth said...

Ooo, cherry limeade. I'm also a fan of the Vanilla Dr. Pepper - yummy. Did you know that Sonic now has breakfast? Crazy, huh? Since we still have Sonics in StL, I always try and stop at Taco John's whenever I go home. There's nothing like a Potato Ole!

 
At 06:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always forget you are from Texas -- where again?

 
At 09:44, Blogger Anita said...

Craig, that is a good point. He will be merciless!

Beth, Vanilla Dr. Pepper is also one of my favorite drinks.

Aubrie, Fort Worth, baby!!

 
At 11:56, Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Well grrr...I hate when I write a lengthy comment and then Blogger decides to eat it. So let's try this again:

Yum! I just had my first Ocean Water this weekend, and I have to say that it is a most delicious rival of the cherry limeade. Do have one while you're there!

I was just home (Ft. W) at the end of September. It was nice to be back. (Especially my trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo, which is always nostalgic for me.) I'm sure it will be a blast showing Mr. Q around town. Enjoy your trip! :)

 
At 11:58, Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Actually...you know what I miss even more than Sonic? Braums!! (where you can get another awesome cherry limeade!) Lucky dog, you have so much to look forward to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home