November 2, 2006

A little perspective

Copied verbatim from Dr. Brazen Hussy:

"Go here and enter your annual income to see how you compare on a global level."



I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 31,849,353 richest person on earth!



How rich are you? >>



Here is my commentary (because you were dying to know, weren't you?):

I say this all the time, especially when I start to feel sorry for myself about "being broke": We live better than 95% of the world*. I am so grateful for the life and the comfort I have. Last night, we (Mr. Q & I) sat on a pier just above the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean having dinner and drinks. We walked the one block back to our fabulously cool apartment and I felt like a fortunate, fortunate woman.

* Of course, the pessimist in me can see that there are 31 million people who are richer than me. That's a lot of people if you think about it. Obviously though, in the grand scheme of things, it hardly matters. Money is nice, but I'll take love over money any day. And we are fortunate to live in a world where we get to have the luxury of falling in love and being with who we want.
But I digress.

Woohoo! I'm rich, y'all!

 
 

1 Comments:

At 09:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps there is another bargraph which indicates how many people are poorer than you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home