January 9, 2006

Good vibes, part II

Wow, you are all so excellent with your vibe-giving! I was honestly blown away by all of you so graciously and generously sending good, positive thoughts my way! Thank you! And you didn't even know what I needed them for! Unconditional vibe-giving is even more amazing. My faith in humanity has been restored!

Last Wednesday, I posted this little prayer to the rental god or goddess asking for good luck in finding a new apartment or house. We've been living in the same apartment for 4 years. We like it quite well and have no real, major complaints. Except the rent keeps going up. A lot. It's gotten to the point that I just don't feel like it's worth it anymore. And it makes life a little bit uncomfortable - budget-wise. So, we decided (me and Mr. Q) that we would move when our lease expires (end of this month). All we had to do was find a place to move.

So, long story short... we found it the very same day that I posted the Apartment Prayer TM. It's as close-to-perfect-as-we-could-ask-for apartment. It has everything from my list. And more. In a word, it rocks. But the best part? The rent is a whole, whole, whole lot less. As a bonus, we'll be able to walk to shops, restaurants, the beach, and the Sunday Farmer's Market. And we will honestly be living within our means. Our life will improve in so many ways. How cool is that?

The thing is, we've only gotten the unofficial word that it's ours. We will know tomorrow officially. I didn't want to jinx it by talking about it so that's why I asked for your thoughts! We are supposed to move in on Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. *smiles*

 
 

6 Comments:

At 14:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! VERY VERY cool. Does it even have the ocean view???

 
At 14:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

 
At 15:15, Blogger Anita said...

I know! We don't have a big ocean view, but we can hear the sound of the surf! I can't believe it!

 
At 17:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, COOL! I'll keep vibe-ing at you for another couple of days, just in case!

Just out of curiosity...how did you go about finding the miracle apartment (besides the prayer, I mean)? :D

We would love to move to a new house, but I imagine we'll probably wait a few more years ('til the last 2 kids are out of high school), then build the dream home. :)

 
At 09:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...those kind of vibes. ~slaps forehead~

(congrats. glad things are working out for you!)

 
At 11:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news... congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home