January 30, 2006

Tag. I'm it.

You've come all the way over here to read my hilarious and witty retelling of the weekend's festivities and every sordid detail of my personal life. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am entirely too blissed out on my newly unpacked and furnished apartment to really say anything of substance that won't sound like bragging. I hate bragging.

In short, it was a magnificent weekend. I had a hard time leaving this morning to go to the office. Plus, school starts for me this week. Gah! One night a week though - pretty light. I think I can manage it!

In other news, Luckybuzz tagged me for a meme and since she A) rocks!, and B) just got engaged!, I am happily obliging!! Click the button for the meme in all its glory. Go on! Resistance is futile!



Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) doris
2) zerodoll
3) Overread
4) luckybuzz
5) Whirled Peas

Next select five people to tag:

1) Sorry
2) Can't
3) Think
4) of
5) Anyone

If you want to do it, please consider yourself tagged and tell me about it!

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was living in Honolulu, working, going to community college at night (???!!!!), raising two kids and referee-ing a lot of drunken parties and babysitting a lot of passed out sailors who would show up at my house every Friday and Saturday, drink themselves silly and fall asleep on my floor. I was married to a sailor but secretly pining for Mr. Q who was my best friend (no benefits at that time).

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Nothing much. Basically the exact same thing I'm doing now. But I didn't know my 19-year old son was going to join the Army and move to Germany or that my 16-year old daughter would move to Seattle to live with her dad.

Five snacks you enjoy:

1) Goat cheese and crackers (Wheat Thins are good).
2) Hummus and pita bread.
3) Chips and salsa.
4) Potstickers.
5) Johnny Depp cereal.


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:


What? Only five? Brotha, please. Okay, I'll just pick 5 random songs that I seriously know all the lyrics to.

1) Stolen Car by Beth Orton
2) Pal-Yat-Chee (Pagliacci) by Spike Jones
3) Close to you by the Carpenters
4) It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine) by REM
5) A Simple Desultory Phillipic (or how I was Robert McNamara'd into submission) by Simon and Garfunkel

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1) Pay off all of our remaining debt.
2) Buy something nice.
3) Go to school full time.
4) Start a scholarship for teenage mothers who want to go to college.
5) Go to Paris for a few months.


Five bad habits:

1) Procrastination.
2) Mismanaging my time.
3) Not returning phone calls and email in a timely manner.
4) Forgetting birthdays.
5) Smoking.

Five things you like doing:

1) Drinking coffee (duh).
2) Sleeping. You'd think this would be difficult with the amount caffiene I ingest, but it's just not the case.
3) Watching BBC America. With Mr. Q and our cat, Pi, all snuggled up.
4) Talking to my professors.
5) Walking on the beach.

Five things your would never wear again:

I never say 'never', but these are pretty doubtful:

1) 8-hole Doc Martens to the office.
2) A tongue piercing.
3) Puffy sleeves.
4) A cheap watch.
5) A mini skirt.

Five favorite toys:

1) New digital camera.
2) My new Swiffer carpet flick- the best thing since sliced bread, I swear!
3) My new coffee maker. It's a Cuisinart with a vintage sensibility and makes damn good coffee.
4) My great, big kitchen with gas stove and oven. Yessssss!
5) My DVR. Watching TV will never be the same. We dvr'd Monty Python's Flying Circus marathon yesterday. We are stoked!!!

 
 

1 Comments:

At 16:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Puffy sleeves."

Word.

And hey, go ahead and brag! I came all the way over here just to share your new-apartment bliss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home